Just a reminder as you start your spring cleaning the city offers roadside pick up. Please see find your address on the map to see when they pick up in your area and call City Hall at (205)274-2150 to be put on the pick up list.
Limb/Brush Pick Up:
- Residential Property owners may place may place small tree and grass clippings at right-of-way for the sanitation department to pick up.
- Do not place debris in the roadway.
- Do not place debris in the ditches to prevent the movement of draining water.
- Do not place in culverts or storm drain inlets.
- Do not mix household trash with natural vegetation. This will NOT be picked up.
- Construction debris or services placed at roadside by contractor or second party will not be picked up.
Household Debris Pick Up:
- Residential Property owners may place bulk pick up items at the right-of-way for the street department to pick up.
- Household Items are picked up on Wednesdays only depending on which area of town you live in. (see map)
- Building debris such as scrap lumber, plaster, roofing, concrete or other materials resulting from construction, repair or demolishing of any building will not be picked up by the sanitation department.
- The sanitation department will not pick up items generated by rental properties, business locations or contractor provided services.